About a week and a half ago, I went to Seattle for the AAFP (American Association for Feline Practitioners) conference. I flew out on a Thursday morning, so I had a full day of sightseeing before the conference started early on Friday morning. I really liked Seattle - beautiful city (I think I lucked out immensely with the weather, so that may have helped). On Thursday, I visited Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, a Chihuly glass exhibit and Bainbridge Island. I also met up with my friend Jenn (we met at U of A) and with my other friend Melissa (vet school) - it was great to catch up with them both! The conference was great and it was nice to get away for a little while and have some time to myself. I actually read a book! I missed Sophia and Jeremy a lot though - Sophia was thrilled to see me when she and Jeremy came to pick me up from the airport. I think Jeremy was pretty thrilled too - three days is a long time to be by yourself with a 5 month old :)
| Sophia at 5 months old :) |
| Inside Pike Place Market |
| Seafood for sale - didn't get to catch a fish...maybe next time! |
| The original Starbucks - check out the line... Opted not to go in... |
| The Space Needle |
| Enjoying the sunshine at the top of the Space Needle |
| A boat filled with glass, courtesy of Chihuly, at "Chihuly Garden and Glass" exhibit, just next to the Space Needle |
| Arriving on the ferry to Bainbridge Island, just across the Sound from Seattle (a 45 minute ferry ride) |
| Sunset over the Sound |
| Catching up with Jenn over some yummy Italian food |
| It was great to see Melissa and to have a conference companion! |
No comments:
Post a Comment