Sunday, September 1, 2013

England Continued - Mini-Family Reunion!

So it's been quite a few weeks since I last updated our blog, mostly because I've been really busy.  Anyway, I wanted to make sure that I got the rest of our photos from England posted before it was Christmas!

After a nice weekend exploring parks in Manchester, Monday arrived and with the start of the new week, Lyndsey, Fabricio and Matteo arrived from Abu Dhabi!  It had been almost a year since we had seen them all and we were thrilled to have a few days to spend with them.  We also had a mini-family reunion on Monday night and saw the Stuttard clan from Chester (Jane, John, Em and Andy) and my Auntie Jill and Dave.  Nina and Tom were gracious enough to let us use their house, as well as coordinating the ordering of a birthday cake for Matteo and Sophia (since both of them had their birthdays in April and we weren't all together, we decided July was perfect for a duel birthday celebration).  

On Tuesday, Lyndsey and I took Sophia and Matteo to the park in the morning, then went to the Mill at Styl with everyone.  Lyndsey and I used to go to the Mill all the time when we were little, but it has changed quite a lot since we were there last.  There are new gardens currently being put in, so there is a lot more to explore.

Wednesday brought the end of our time in Manchester, so the next post will have photos of our visit to the Lake District :)





Hi cousin Emily :)

Happy birthday cousins!
Family!


They loved this swing :)


Matteo, discoverer and rope bridge climber
Cousins, not sure what to make of each other...
Lyndsey and Matteo, loving spending time outside
Meeting a four-legged friend in the park




The Mill at Styl

Gardening?
Picking daisies 
With Stephen - we were told to pose by my mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment